[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: vici0us, Xclu123  
Pinoy Talisman Community Forum » Main Forum » Tips & Game Guides » Wizard Guides
Wizard Guides
NocturnalDate: Tuesday, 10/April/12, 8:00:41 AM | Message # 1
Pinoy Talisman Online Staff
Group: Administrator
Introduction

Hello, and welcome to my wizard guide. In-game im known as DontPlayWithFire ( Dp ) on Sun and Moon.
I have been playing wizard for about 3 years now, and ive had most gear and tried most things a wizard could.
I have tried restatting skills a few times to learn the class better and i’ve come far from where i started out.

We all started out in green scarp, we we’re newbs, new to the game and we were shy to other people.
This guide is to help you out with your class, if that is a wizard ofcourse. And if not, what are you doing here? just joking. Some of the things in the guide may be useful for other classes aswell so read on, hope you find some use for it.

*NOTICE*

Inlay gems was added to the game AFTER this guide was written,
so i will not cover anything regarding those, feel free to look at this inlay guide written by a friend : www.mcgameland.com/viewthread.jsp

Content

*Common terms

*Pros and Cons

*Equipment

*Skills

*Kiting and Aggro

*PvE and PvP

*Mana and HP
Common terms

This may seem useless to some but to those of you who dont know
it will help you understand what people are talking about.

Aoe - Area of effect

Dot - Damage over time

Dps - Damage per second

Ts or spout - Refering to the skill ’Tide spout’ the level 30 blade skill

Aggro - Aggro is what happens when you run into a mobs range, the mob will ’aggro’ to you and attack you.
Aggro also happens when you attack mobs, and the one with the most aggro will have the mobs attention, i will discuss this further later in the guide.

Kiting - Kiting is a term to discribe the process of strategically moving away from your target and thus avoid getting hit. This is more important for wizards than people seem to realize, its often the diffrence between death and victory, i will also discuss this later.

Tank - Used to discribe a damage taker which is usually a monk or assassin. Wizards can also tank, however more often or not you are going to spam mana pots to do so, which is quite frustrating. If you want to tank maybe you should consider the monk class instead.

Int - Intelligence, a stat which increase damage slightly and increase cs rate and mana.

Vit - Vitality, a stat which increase hp.

Def - Defense, decrease the damage you take.

Res - Resistance, decrease magic damage you take.

Now that we have that out of the way we can start with the important things.

Pros

Wizard is without a doubt the best aoe’ing class in the game, with that said it doesnt mean other classes cant aoe also ( except for fairy.)

Wizard ( along with tamer ) is the dps classes of the game, they are used in caves thanks to their aoe and useful skills on bosses.

Wizard can do good both solo and in team, so even if you cannot find a party to help you. You can just go solo till you find one.

Wizard is the only class that can remove stun, this makes us a very good PvP class.

Wizard can clear out caves fast by themselves thanks to the amazing aoes, this ofcourse depend on the strength of you and difficulty of the cave.

Wizards have more int than other classes.

Cons

We have the lowest defense and hp of all classes. It isnt much different from tamer and fairy though, not enough to matter.

We dont solo bosses as well as other classes, but just because we dont do it as good, doesnt mean we cant do it.

Alot of our skills cost alot of mana, which is forexample fire burst which at lvl 70 will cost 1179 mana. However as i said, we have more int which means
more mana.

Most of our skills have casting time, and those skills will sometimes take longer to cast if we’re being attacked

EQUIPMENT

WEAPON SKILLS

ASSISTANT SKILLS

Kiting

Agro

PVE

Caves

Mana

Health

Thank you all for reading and i hope it was of any use to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment and i will try to respond.

J_____Date: Wednesday, 11/April/12, 10:11:14 AM | Message # 2
Group: Moderators
nice thread^^~.

NocturnalDate: Wednesday, 11/April/12, 12:11:21 PM | Message # 3
Group: Administrator
Quote (J_____)
nice thread^^~.

Thanks buddy. This was just a source from MiraGame. Hehe, since someone is looking for a good wizard guide, I putted it in a purpose. biggrin

J_____Date: Wednesday, 11/April/12, 1:45:05 PM | Message # 4
the info here shows that wizard are great in both dungeon and pvp^^~... very nice..

TitoyCuteDate: Thursday, 12/April/12, 9:23:13 PM | Message # 5
Group: Registered User
Hehehe I say tamer are good also !!!

J_____Date: Friday, 13/April/12, 7:51:23 AM | Message # 6
I think the Sin in the server are imba hehehe... i just think...

I'm a tamer and duel someone last night his a sin... we both have the PTO weapon, moon and sun assistant, lvl 90 purple set at PTO shop and same ring and amulets...
we both have same buff... but i got higher hp like 150k bigger than him. coz i got tamer god. but.... i can't still make much damage on him like i can't even eat half of his HP... what do you think? btw all of our weapon are max enhanced. i just think something is not right here.. i know sin are good damage dealer but there's something hahahaha... maybe i'm just weak...

Pinoy Talisman Community Forum » Main Forum » Tips & Game Guides » Wizard Guides
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: